I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
So I just moved out of my old place and in with some friends about a week ago. Anyways my friend was using my computer and I come home to see this message

waveOUT output v2.1 (d) error

no sound devices fund. Please buy a soundcard first (or install proper drivers if you think that you have one)
more info can be found at http://geocities.com/mmsystem002/

error code: 2
windows error message
"A device ID has been used that is out of range of your system"

and it wont allow me to play any audio at all.

the thing is when the system first starts up it plays things fine but after I shut the program that has sound I getteh message and nothing

ask your idiot friend what he did then beat him around a lil..after that try uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling the latest.

actually that link is going to geocities that seems very odd indeed!

try running warez monsters spyware/virus removal guide you can find a link in my sig.

So you think a vitrus could be causing this? I mean the message does look like a virus/spyware prob but I never heard of one ending generic win32 services

When you open device manager does it have a sound device listed? Do you have latest Windows updates?

Ok heres the breakdown on that superdave

When i first start my computer it lists my soundcard and everything like normal. Now lets say I open WoW to play it or my winamp. It will play until I exit the program. Then say i exit wow or winamp and tyr to open it again WoW would have no sound and if I try winamp it will give me the error message.

I just did alot of spyware stuff and such so if I still get the message Ill SS it for you baron. And yeah I have all the windows updates

looks like you have winamp open along with other a/v apps, not usually a good combination
try closing winamp when you run games n stuff

It happens regardless of the winamp being open...... Trust me I've done that a million times. it has to be some sort of registry thin g that got done (I think) or some sort of virus these things aren't detecting

those screen shots seem to have been cropped down to a very small size, I cant make out what the messeges say.
Can you get another shot of just the messege? select the messege and press alt-prtsc i.e hold alt and press the print screen button, that should just take an image of the messege window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom