I Need Advice On Currupted Hard Drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default I Need Advice On Currupted Hard Drive

I apologise for several mails re basicly the same topic....I now have my currupted drive back from a Recovery Company..The recovered files were put on DVD for me ....However I now find that a lot files are not true to their extension but now filled with data ..I presume from some other unknown file on the hard drive ...I presume this is called fragmentation ....When this happens can pieces of a file be identified and put back together ....and if so what is the basic procedure....
Hope I have explained this adequately but I can open for example a TEF file with Word Pad and see if its a genuine file ....of course I can also see when its been filled with data that is not what should be in a tef file....

Is there anybody on the forum who understands what I mean and could just explain what my options are if any?.....The files are important to me...

Thanks Ron NZ

Old 03-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

I guess the best thing to do , is to call the data recovery company only for one strong reason , u paid these ppl money and u should get ur files back in return. So even if there is a solution , it should be they who do it for u , u just go and relax.

Though if u needed help with data recovery software that u can use in home , let me know.

Closed Thread