i know it's here but i can't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i found a topic that showed how u can find ur xp key in ur regitry but i can't find the topic.. so can someone direct me to it or tel me how to do it

nvm i used rock xp.. now how i have the key from a computer at school and i was wondering if i can use it at home.. i heard of it not working because only one key can be registered at a time and i wanted to know if this would work or not cause i think this is a corp edition...

If it is a corp edition it should work but it is highly illegal.

Since the school paid for the Corp Edition they have the rights to the key. It would be like using a serial found on the net to activate XP.

Edit:

Not to mention that if M$ questions the school why someone outside of their IP address range activated Windows you could get into a lot of trouble.

Not only from M$ for basically stealing a key but from your school that could take legal action and kick you out.

It should. But as i stated above if any questions are asked you could be in for a serious heap of trouble.

Okay to answer your first question M$ would notice that the serial was being activated outside of the schools normal IP range. So they would contact the school and ask them why.

Which in turn would lead them to found out who owns the IP address that activated it with their serial. Which would lead to you. But that is all worse case sinerio.

To answer your 2nd question that breaks the rules of the forum. You should know this.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom