I have Windows Vista Ultimate, what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay I don't even know how to use the bells and whistles of Windows Vista Ultimate (besides the Windows Logo + Tab for Aero Overlapping). What are some softwares to download for free or to buy that helps improve the windows vista experience?

More specifically I'm looking for an AIM client right now.

Trillian or Pidgin are the best options are for that. Other than that what specifically are you looking for? Everything is explained either in the help sections or via the internet and google.

I was looking for basic essentials. I tried searching for "Windows Vista Softwares 101" but I had no luck. I'm basically looking for a guide that goes in the following lines: new windows vista users guide to starting.

The best way is to just play around on it, theres not that much to discover.
I take it you know how to add the gadgets on the sidebar?

Ive got Ultimate aswell by the way.

I was looking for basic essentials. I tried searching for "Windows Vista Softwares 101" but I had no luck. I'm basically looking for a guide that goes in the following lines: new windows vista users guide to starting.

Its not like people are teching classes online. Search for New Vista user or Vista basics will get you results. Plus it isnt like there is that much to discover compared to XP. You make it seem like there are thousands of things to find. There isnt. Much of hte new stuff to Vista is in the coding and programming which we dont see. You wont find any guides on teh new network stack or anything like that.

Other than that the Welcome Menus shows plenty of the new features. Install the Ultimate Extras and that is about it. If you have Aero on you are already ahead of the game. Welcome to Vista.:p

I'm not really looking for "how to use" windows vista but more of "essential software apps" for windows vista to improve experience. And yes I use the sidebar.

Again there are no "essential software apps" just apps that you prefer to use over what someone else does. The applications that i consider essential will not be useful to you since you do not do the same things on your PC as i do. So me telling you that FileZilla is essential would be pointless. Same thing with mIRC. You are the one who decides what software is essential. You are the one who decides what software you should use or not use. Not us.

I have a list of over 200 applications that i have tried and used in Vista. I have a list of 50 apps that are a must install for me. But they wont be for you. I already gave 2 examples. Others would be Photoshop CS3, Fireworks CS3, AmpFontViewer, RivaTuner, Camtasia, DVDShrink, DVDFab, Opera, Quicktime Alternative, WinRar...among many many others. So you see we cant answer these types of questions for you. Only you can answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom