I have two windows OS on different hard drives how do i use the other one instead of

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgestar

Baseband Member
I was installing something and a cable connected to one of my harddrives came out, it was the harddrive that had windows vista on it. so when i booted up i got an error message about a missing file so i reinstalled windows vista when the repair option on the cd didnt work. now i have two versions after i reconnected the other hard drive and it just uses the one on the c:drive (which used to be my now I drive). how do i uninstall the vista on my c drive and use the windows os on the other harddrive which has all my progs and stuff?

Re: I have two windows OS on different hard drives how do i use the other one instead

when i access the windows vista dvd and go to repair my computer, it doesn't recognize the previous windows vista installation that i had on the other hard drive so im left with a blank list of vista installations to repair (though there should be the one on my c drive i think its because i disabled booting from the first harddrive in the bios so it doesnt show).

Re: I have two windows OS on different hard drives how do i use the other one instead

change your drive boot order

I tried changing the drive boot order in the BIOS, making the priority list: dvd/cd drive, hard drive (the one with the old vista OS), and floppy disk and completely ignoring the other windows vista. however, I will receive a message asking for something to boot from, device, media, etc. so it didnt work.

do it with the vista cd in the drive and see if it will work. let me know if it do

the repair computer option started working after I reformated the c drive twice for some reason, and I was able to recover my old OS, thx for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom