I have got a serious problem please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
I formated my HD about 3 weeks ago, and reinstalled everything, even SP2. everything is fine but my MSN messenger freezes everytime i try to log in but trillian works.

And when i try to download a real arcade game you know how it downloads though the "real arcade server" it also freezes. and my AOL 9.0 account freezes when i try to go to a website.

Is there something blocking this programs? I deleted my norton antivirus today, and turn off my windows firwall to see if that would help but it didn't. is there a nother firewall that is on.

I encounter that if you disable the build-in firewall that came with SP2, the next restart it would enable itself again. It looks like something like a firewall is blocking program from accessing the internet but you can still browse with IE. Do you have a router? If so check to see if it's filtering anything or go into control panel/windows firewall then go to exceptions and add the program you want to use and make sure theres a check and press ok.

Also check to see if your internet option/ security tab is not set to high.

Law said:
I encounter that if you disable the build-in firewall that came with SP2, the next restart it would enable itself again. It looks like something like a firewall is blocking program from accessing the internet but you can still browse with IE. Do you have a router? If so check to see if it's filtering anything or go into control panel/windows firewall then go to exceptions and add the program you want to use and make sure theres a check and press ok.

I do have a router after i go to the routers configure page where to i go to see if it is filtering anything?

Tyler1989 said:
Are you using IE7 Beta?

no i didn't know there was one. man this bites all my some programs take 10 mins to load and stuff i don't know why, and i have a P4 3.0 GHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom