I hate steam, i hate valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for all your opinions
legally im not alowed to work a sadly, ive tried getting unnoficial jobs with computer shops but they say im too young and they can get in trouble if they hire me.

wow, it's amazing how few of you actually read what anyone else wrote... No ofense meant...

anyway, as it was pointed out by digitaloracle on the first page, Valve is willing you help you if you contact them... If you have not done that yet, then DO IT!!!
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cg...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1DRCBrZXk*&p_li=&p_topview=1
Yes, I live in Anchorage Alaska. Ive been here for a little over 5 years. I was born and Raised in Missoula Montana. I moved from there when I was 19 to pursue schooling at UAF, but never left Anchorage.
Yes, it's a little colder here than some places, but Anchorage is a coastal city. it doens't get really supper cold here. -20f is ussually the worst. the interior of Alaska gets very cold -50f and colder in the winter, but it also gets above 80f in the summer.
I work in the northern reaches of the state at times, in the oil fields, and it can get down right cold up there. -80f without wind, but that is rare... it will get to the point where metal becomes brittle and then nothing happens and we all stay inside... What fun...

There's a lot of stock in the phrase "Up a creek without a paddle."

You never never never never never never never never never never throw away ANYTHING from a pruchase until you have assurance (totally) that it works. That's your life lesson this round, and if it was a hard lesson, the better it be.

The only thing we can say is for you to call up Sierra/Valve and play verbal games with them. Given the high amount of piracy that happens, you're likely to just get hung-up on. And I wouldn't blame them. It's very difficult for them, on the other end of a phone 300 miles away, to prove you're legit [no matter what] and they aren't easily going to give out a key.

If you can't get Sierra/Valve to give you a new key, you're S.O.L.

End of story.

Screw valve, steam was a monumental cock-up- and it hit them where it hurts, apparently they have only sold 1.7M copies world wide, halo 2 caned them, and imho was teh better game, I waited 4, count em, 4 hours for my game to unlock, that was on midnight of day of purchase, besides, i think i lost the game now, and certaintly have no desire to go through it again.

Halo 2 was released a long time ago and is a console, because of the latter it can lick my B****. Its not the same type of thing, consoles sell more all the time, theres more little kiddies playing them. 4hours? musta been excruciating, I pre-loaded and installed mine right away. If youd rather play a repeat shooter with a fatty controller in hand then go ahead, I prefer to be at least somewhat mentally engaged and would like to know that my skills whatever they may be are genuine and my ability to scroll is inconsequential. I play the most difficult and real of the platforms, the pc.

Yes Wayne, i had a problem with steam, it took me 5 minutes to find and solve my problem about "steam servers being busy", and there had to be at least 10 threads on the steam forums talking about valid cdkey problems.

While I was browsing info on the program and all the procedures ine has to go through to perform even the simplest of tasks, I was appauled by their handling of "offline" mode. From what I gathered, if you click the wrong thing, it, without any sort of confirmation, "signs you out" or whatever it does, and you MUST find a net connection before you can even play again. I naturally don't know where everyone else has LAN parties, but the ones I attend are at a camp in the middle of nowhere, with only a dial-up connection that the party-goers aren't allowed to use. It would almost be comical (sad and frustrating, but still comical) to watch 8-10 sleep deprived gamers explode at the stupidity of steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom