I hate my Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsusaiga

In Runtime
I have a horrible computer right now. you wouldnt believe this piece of crap.:mad:

"Hewlett Packard Pavilion"
Pentium III
64 Mb of RAM
20Gb hard drive
windows 98 SE
video card that came with the computer

Bought in 1999

It is constantly freezing up, at least 6-7 times in a span of 4 hours

Is it better to buy upgrades one at a time or get a new computer?
If i buy a new one ill have to wait for christmas because my mom cant afford it right now
Upgrades, i might be able to get sooner.
If you want anymore system specs, just tell me how to get them and ill give them to you.
you know its a bad sign when your schools old computers are better than yours.

ohh ohh, i do i do!!!
why not you go out and get a new computer, instead of making mom have to fork over the cash for it? i'm sure you're old enough to wash cars on the corner for a couple bucks a peice, save up some money, look for deals on the internet, ebay, etc... because until you have enough knowledge to build your own... *whispers* you'll have to get a pre-built computer... yikes

im only 15, i cant buy a computer
how the hell am i suposed to go to work??? i cant drive yet, and my mom is either at work or sleeping.

if i could get a job i would, but its not going to happen, all the places i could work are 4-6 miles away.

i dont want a celeron or duron that i might, but probly couldnt, have enough money for.:confused:

if i bought it with such little pay, id end up right where i am right now in a year.

i was planing on getting a pre-assembled computer from iBUYPOWER.com
which would be around $960

Your computer seems to be an old one. I worked with hp for some time. I dont think its advisable to upgrade it. And also it would not be upgradable much. Just post the exact model no. of ur computer and i will post the exact specs.

i need to buy a quality computer because ill probly have it for a loooooong time, 4-5 years, im poor:cool:

so i dont want to end up getting a pc that will only be moderately good computer for 1 year.

Intel Pentium III processor, 667 MHz
(socket 370)
Intel 810E chipset hard drive
64 MB SDRAM, 100 MHz
total external ports
USB - 1
serial - 1
parallel - 1
game - 1
digital camera - 1
modem
Conexant Chameleon combo card
audio
3-D Stereo, PCI, 16-bit Sound
controller - AMC97 codec
location - Conexant Chameleon card
network card
hp 10/100 baseT LAN adapter
video
graphics - PCI Local Bus
controller - Intel 810E

11 MB, shared memory,
integrated graphics **not upgradable**

hard drive
30 GB - 3.5"
data storage
serial - 1 CD-ROM - 40x maximum
access speed - 75 to 85 ms
transfer rate- 2.0 to 4.8 MB/second

CD-RW

write: 4x
rewrite: 4x
read: 24x
access speed - 150 ms

transfer rate:
150 - 175 (1x read/write)
300 - 350 (2x read/write)
600 - 700 (4x read/write)
1200 - 1400 (8x read only)

diskette drive - 1.44 MB 3.5"

hey i didn't say get a job... i told you to get your but up and wash cars... walk dogs, mow lawns, there's tons of ways to make money out their kid, go make some money, you'll be happier later in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom