I guess this goes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acuto

Solid State Member
So, my Hard drive was running low (6GB left) so I unistalled two games (Slik Road (which was about 1.9GB) and Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (It was about 3 - 4GB)) and after I uninstalled them I still had 6GB. I've tried chkdsk, and still it said I've only got 6GB left, any ideas?

This has happened to me before. First restart your computer if you havent already and then run disk defragment.

When I try to defrag, it stops at about 5% and says "Drfragmentation is complete for: (C:)

Some files on this volume could not be defragmented.
Please click the defragmentation report for the list of files"

I guess it's because I've got about 5% disk space left, and I can't even clear space since when I delete files it still says I've got the same amount of space as before.

maybe you have to uninstall some other programs.just do the ones that u have the installation disk for. Cant think how you can do it otherwise

Thanks for some reason that seemed to work, but I have another problem, it says I've only got 10GB left, even though I should have about 13GB.

OK, first of all you either have way too much junk on your hard drive or your hard drive doesn't have alot of space to begin with. I suggest getting a system cleaner. If you want to pay, buy System Mechanic. It comes with other features as well. If you just want a free one that only cleans your system, get CCleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom