I GOT Windows 2000!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I Got Windows 2000 Professional in the mail!!!! After all those years of using Win98SE, I finally got an OS that isn't on the verge of extinction!!! :D But this is the thing though, I thought that when i was finished installing 2000, that my computer would be to slow to use, right? Wrong!! It's THREE TIMES FASTER than it was when i had 98!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: How is that possible??? 2000 is soo-much larger than 98! It allso overclocked my ram by it's self! (Who told it to do that?-LOL :p) But regardless of all the cool stuff in 98, the most important part of the experiance is; I CAN USE Photoshop and Creative Suite CS NOW!! WOOOOT!!! :D

Thanks Jacksback!!!:) :cool:

congrats on your new OS and not giving into XP activation. Haven't really used 2000 but how are the multimedia functions?? and is it like XP where if you put in new hardware/USB object it auto detects and installs or do you need drivers???

"Criscie Poppin..."

Yeah. It's the same. Same driver functions, same autodetect window thing, Everything. :) :cool:

Re: "Criscie Poppin..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Yeah. It's the same. Same driver functions, same autodetect window thing, Everything. :) :cool:

Went back to 2000 after xp. Stroooooooooooongly recommend it!

ATI, am glad you like it....please be sure you download all the updates from MS. there should be like 40 critical, 9 regular, and 1 driver. this way it'll be so much more stable.

--jak

idk about which is better xp pro or 2k pro... It depends on the system specs. I've worked on about 50 or so systems with about 25 XP and 25 2k and I noticed that the 2k's usually had more problems than the XP's. Although it could be because of who was using them in a lot of cases it was just the exploits in the systems. (like how netsky got around)

Windows 2000 would be my favorite OS if it wasn't for my XP Pro. I'm glad you like it ATI, its about time you got off Windows 98. :)

win 2000 is stable and pretty reliant. I still use it on one of my boxes for backup. it requires so many updates. keep service pack 4 available on CD. and defrag often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom