I got problem installing some programs on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennon

Beta member
I've tried to install MSN 9.0 and adobe reader on my 64bit system using windows 7.

The problem is that when at the end of an install an error message pops up and says:

An error occurred during the installation assembly
'microsoftvc80.crt.verson="8.0.50727.163".type="win32".publickeytoken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorarchitecture="x86"'

and claims that there are some program that keeps it from installing.Windows live messenger install error hr:0x80070643

any one know how to fix, pls tell me.

An error occurred during the installation assembly
'microsoftvc80.crt.verson="8.0.50727.163".type="win32".publickeytoken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorarchitecture="x86"'

See the x86 at the end there? That means that either the program you are trying to install is for 32-bit systems, or vice-versa (the prog is for 64-bit and you're running 32-bit).

That probably means you need to look for 64-bit versions of the programs you're trying to install.

Of course, it could just be Windows 7 still being beta.

I installed the windows live version that win 7 recommended for my 64 bit system from the start menu. I am in xp right now so I cannot check the version. As for reader I have not tried that yet but you can try to install it via vista compatibility mode.

Reader installs just fine. As does Windows Live. People have reported issues but only when you upgraded from Windows Vista First.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom