I get a BOOT MGR screen in Win7 and can't do anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayne117

Beta member
I installed a mounting program and driver two days ago from a trusted source. Yesterday I was experiencing major slowdowns on my usually fast computer. I woke up today to BSOD.

Did many troubleshooting steps with no results. Used my Win7 CD and and tried to completely reinstall Win7 wiping all of my data. The installation failed and returned many errors saying files were missing.

I ran the automatic troubleshooting screen and it said it couldn't detect my harddrive OR my Windows 7 installation (even though the failed installation said it wouldn't save because it failed.

Then I went into the command prompt from the repair installation screen. Did a bunch of things like bootrec.exe and all of it's commands to no avail.

I opened up my computer and reset the CMOS jumper. Stupid move I know, and now my computer goes directly to a black screen saying BOOT MGR.

Is there a way I can just completely wipe my harddrive and start from scratch? I don't care about any of the files because I can just redownload the programs I want.

I bought my computer from cyberpower pc but they are not open on weekends and I want my computer fixed right now.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

PS - I'm on my iPhone so I can't make CDs or go on flash sites. I'm also using 64bit. I can give any more information you need.

Well you will have to find a way to download a CD ISO and burn it. Possibly at a friends place? There is not going to be anyway to recover the system without using a 3rd party tool. The built in Windows Format Tool on the install media is junk. It doesnt do the job properly.

So you think my computer will let the CD play even though it's not accepting my original Windows 7 boot CD?

Do you have a link to the ISO download please? I have a friend who will burn me the CD.

Got an update: I hit Delete to get into my BIOS and let my CD drive start. Now I'm almost where I was in the beginning of the problem. Windows isn't detecting any installation at all.

Now I have a choice to make, should I completely format my drive using the windows recovery CD, or try to save what might be left of my files. Note: On the Install Windows screen in the custom section it says my harddrive "Disk 0 Partition 2" has a total size of 465.7 GB and it's free space is 455.6 GB (if this is to be believed then all of my data was lost because I used to only have 275 GB left).

My question now is should I just format my drive and reinstall Windows?

Thank you again for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom