I.E. 6.0 is slowing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BavarianWheels

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. I'm back with a question.

Is there anything I can do to speed up IE? It is taking longer and longer to load up pages that I frequent. Do I need to clean something out to speed it up?

AMD Athlon
908 Mhz
192 MB Ram
XP Pro
IE 6.0

If I need to offer more info, I'd be glad to.

Thanks for your time.

I downloaded Mozilla. It is a bit faster, but this site specifically is slower than before.

I still would like to know if there is anything I can do to "clean up" the IE problem.

Thanks.

Clean out the junk files on your pc and limit the cache of IE6.

Go into IE6>Tools>Internet Options>General>and clear the history, temp files, cookies etc. Make a note of any passwords for sites that you want before deleting cookies.

The in the Settings tab move the slider to the left to reduce the amount of junk it will store.

Then spring clean your pc with

Start>All Progs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Clean Up (and look on all tabs after checker app has finished..... about 2-5 mins.....to see what else you can dump).

roho said:

Go into IE6>Tools>Internet Options>General>and clear the history, temp files, cookies etc. Make a note of any passwords for sites that you want before deleting cookies.

The in the Settings tab move the slider to the left to reduce the amount of junk it will store.

Start>All Progs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Clean Up (and look on all tabs after checker app has finished..... about 2-5 mins.....to see what else you can dump).

Listen to this guy, dont download any third party browsers if you are satisfied with IE, they are just a pain in the ass. I was going to say the preceeding quote, but it was already said. That only means one thing... It is the right thing to do.

roho wrote:

I did all this...It took about a half hour to do the disk clean up. It cleared some space on the drive...but didn't seem to do a whole lot for the page process speed.

AMD Athlon
908 Mhz
192 MB Ram
XP Pro
IE 6.0

Problem 1 - AMD. Should have gone Intel
Problem 2 - Ram, BUY MORE !
Problem 3 - IE. Mozilla is way faster and more reliable. Microsoft is on my F*** You list. Along with AMD, ATI, Maxtor, E-Machines, Compaq, and girls that wont sleep with me.

I think 192 MB Ram is no prob with BavarianWheels 's laptop. Mine only has 128 MB Ram but it run like a horse (it's true). Try to reinstall IE or you can use Netscape. Individually, I prefer Netscape to IE. And as Roo said, Pentium is better:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom