I downloaded music, but it's a password proteced Zip file, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Angel

Solid State Member
How can I transfer it to Windows Media Player to listen to? I`m using Windows XP Professional S.1.2.600 SP3. How do I get the password? :confused:

Silver Angel
Spread the Love

:big_grin:

Where did you download it from? If it's from a legit source (which tbh I doubt given the context ;)) then they'd have the password listed next to the download, or would've emailed it to you.

If it's pirated stuff, then often times they make you sign up and pay them/give them your credit card details before they'll give you a password. If this is the case then note we don't allow discussions on piracy on TF.

It was music from Coldplay's official site, and no it didn't have the password there. I'm new to downloading music, so please forgive me if I ask the wrong questions.
I downloaded & it went into a zip file, when the Wizard tried to open it, it asked for the password, what to do now? I just wanted to put it onto my new MP# player. Sync downloaded everything from Windows Media Player onto my MP3, (even tho' I didn't want everything), but that's another whole deal, I guess. I'll learn how to do it soon.....

So are you saying, I won't be able to use it at all? If so, then I don't understand why they would put it out for downloading in the first place. Grrrr

All it's done is waste a big chunk of my time......

Thanks for trying to help, Soulphire, sorry to waste YOUR time.

Silver Angel
Spread the Love

1. Sounds like you're using Windows explorer to open the zip file. I'd suggest using either WinRAR or 7-zip.

2. If it's from a legitimate source, maybe you could try giving us a link to where you downloaded it.
If it's from Coldplay's site, maybe the password is "Coldplay"

Hi, Apokolipse, well, thanks for the info, but I gave up, as you probably guessed, as it was just too hard. But now, I have been given a free meditation, and the link to 7Zip. I downloaded both, but am unsure of what to do next, never mind unsure, I just don't know what to do....help!

I hope you can help me, as I'm very frustrated with it all.

Thanks, I'm so grateful for the help you've tried to give me so far!

Sylvia

I have bought a meditation download, and have installed it into a file, as well as 7-zip.
But I can't find anywhere that actually tells me what to do next.
Please can someone help me?

Sylvia

Once you've downloaded and installed 7-zip, all you need to do is right click on the meditation zip file. There will be a new "7zip" option in the menu that pops up, just choose the "extract here" option and it will unzip the meditation file (music file I'm guessing?) into the same folder that the zip file is in

Thanks SOULphIRE.....It was a bit hit & miss, but I figured it out, I have written it down so I won't forget next time....lol....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sylvia x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom