I don't know anything about computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antispatula

Beta member
So basically I registered to ask one simple (I think......) question, since I don't know anyhting about computers.

So my computer has been acting a little crazy today......I start it up, and it starts in "Safe Mode". Then turn it off, then on again. Everything seems to be back to normal. All games work fine, EXCEPT the one I want to play. I start the game, go through all the menus, and when it's finished loading, it cuts back to my windows desktop, while the game music is still playing! Anyone have any idea how to fix this?! I've got windows 2000 on installed. Thanks!

if you have windows 2000, and the game plays music in the background, chances are your video card is not working properly. Restart in normal mode and when you play your game, and it goes to the desktop, press control+alt+delete and terminate your game.

I know some games work sporadically, if at all with win2000, has this games been working for a while or did you just install it?
Sometimes newer games require an update on the drivers for various devices on your computer such as the graphics adapter, sound controller, etc. Do an update of your drivers, and make sure DirectX is updated as well. Also, check the documentaion that came with your game, you may find that it is'nt designed to run on Win2000. Lastly, most popular games have forums on the web that offer specific support for your game, I am certain you're not the only one having this issue.
If you'll tell me what game you're playing, I will see if I can find a support site for it. Good luck.

hey guys, thanks for the help! This game is from 1997 I think, it's OLD, and I've been playing it since 1998 I think. I've been playing it on this computer for years; it did work just a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom