I deleted my 10.0gb partition and I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derpherp

Beta member
Earlier today I decided to reformat my computer (I use vista) if that makes any difference...

Anyways when I got to the partition part I have 10.0GB and the 220.0GB partition.

I deleted the 10.0GB one and now iv been searching how to re-install it but I can't find anything that is helpful... so if someone knows how to recover it or re-instal and would tell me how to I would be very grateful!

there are some programs out there, such as Active recovery that will help to try and get it back.

unfortunatly for you, its not 100% succesful, especially if you're re-allocated the space, or overwritten any of that space.

Unfortunatly, your problem may be two-fold. Most modern computers vista/2007+ dont come with windows disks anymore, just straight up OEM installs and RECOVERY PARTITIONS which are usually the size of a dual layer disk.

You may have deleted that.

Active@ Partition Recovery. Recover Deleted Partition. Undelete NTFS & FAT partitions. - active recovery.

Good luck :p you may need it

Well, if that was your recovery partition then you're screwed for another OS install. EOM copies are one use and Microsoft MAY.... make you pay for another OEM disk or just say no in general.

you may have to go to the computers manufacturer, and you may have to send it away to them to have it fixed at expense (voiding your own recovery partition is not covered by any hardware warranty, and they do say to back it up when you first get a PC) or again, they may say no.

And if it was just an empty 10gb partition, then nothing to worry about. Reallocate the space.

If you managed to install your OS again, and can reinstall that OS again if neccesary, then no harm no foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom