i delete a folder then comes back at startup - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2005, 07:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default i delete a folder then comes back at startup

hi all i have a strange problem i recently ripped a cd to my hardive, i created a new folder and named it and put my songs in it ive then moved the songs from that folder too another on my other hardrive and when trying to delete the old folder it deletes then comes back after a startup i know its not a magor problem but its bugging me any help much apreciated oh it also comes back when i use wimdows media player,i open media player play any song i close down media player and it reapears on desktop damn thing

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800
at 2.76 ghz
dfi lanparty expert
PCI-E *Extreme Edition* GF7800GT *524 Core 1250Ghz Crucial Ballistix 2 x 1 Gig DDR 500 PC4000
20\" DELL Ultrasharp 2005FPW Midnight Grey Widescreen LCD Monitor
wdc wd5000 akas-aatmao ata
wd 2500jb external
pioneer dvr 108
lg gdr8161b dvd rom

\"640K ought to be enough for anybody.\" - Bill Gates, 1981[/size]
Old 09-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Download a permanent deleting program (everything deleted is recoverable unless permanently deleted).

Old 09-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

Originally posted by dnoch
Download a permanent deleting program (everything deleted is recoverable unless permanently deleted).
.....what is the folder called? And where is it located?
I'm Forgetful! so if i stop posting on something that i was helping you with... PM me or IM me
yahoo and aol: blitze105
you can always IM or PM me if i offend you as well, i will edit the post if i have.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open programs. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe. Leave Task Manager open. Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other undeletable file) is located in. At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish to delete. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell. Close Task Manager.
Closed Thread