I cant open windows......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
I have 160 gb harddisk. It had only one drive,c drive. In it, wimndows xop home editon was,there was no password protection.

But today i put windows pro cd and it started to install in c drive too without asking me where to install or without saying it would be installed2 windows on same drive.

So i restarted pc immeadiately to stop and installed a new xp home editon by creating a new drive. Now i am at that drive and at that windows but i cant get into my files,the first windows.

They are at c drive,i can get all files except that files:
c/document and settings/BattalGazi(this is my username,admin of taht windows)

It cant open that files as if it is protected by passsword,like locked.

Also while booting,it doesnot show that windows althgouh windows files are there,at c.

While installing that xp professional, it asked that "Youare installing the files to same directory,give a new name"

So with nonunderstanding i changed written "windows" to "windowSS" and it installed to xp professional files to that file.

But xp home edition is still there.

I must open that windows ,xp home edition or get the admin files.Please help me....

Can you try and do this:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
-or-
Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Under System Startup, click Edit. This opens the file in Notepad ready for editing.
And paste the contents of the file here.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWSS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

You meant that?

Also i deleted the files of xp professional- which i wanted to different drive from c- from computer,which name is windowSS.Should i take back or it is not problem?

No ,not passsword protection, only admin files. Still same thinking?

Also i cant log on to computer with this windows because it cant be shown..

Yes it is still the same thing.

The reason you cant is due to the fact you had already started an install. So you might not even have those files that your looking for.

The install process MUST be canceled BEFORE it starts to copy files over. If it starts to copy files over it is already to late for any previous OS you had installed on that drive. It is at that point you already started the process of installing a new OS and the old one can no longer be used. No matter how much you mess with the boot configuration.

I did now.

I got into in safe mode to latest windows,then went to those files and after a lot of efforts, i was able to cancel the protection. Now i am copying those to my external, after that i will remove everything completely,then install professional again.

Thank you for helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom