i cannot uninstall/delete this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyo

In Runtime
when i try to install this game it asks 'are u sure u want to completely remove lego star wars 2 and all of its components?' then i click ok and it fails:

Error Number: 0x80040702
Description: Failed to load DLL:LSW2_GameExplorerHelper

see i had tried to install this game earlier (like months ago) but it didnt work so i deleted all the files. now it thinks i want to uninstall when i run the installer but it cannot find files needed to completely remove it. At least thats what i think the problem is.
how do i remove it so i can install it again?
btw i tried running a search with lego star wars and that did not help

Did you just delete the files or did you go into the Add/Remove applicaitons and remove them that way?

If you just deleted them then your system is seeing that there was a failed attempt to install the game and is looking for those files that you have already deleted.

'If you just deleted them then your system is seeing that there was a failed attempt to install the game and is looking for those files that you have already deleted.' i did that and now regreting it and wondering how to fix it.

those didnt work. my other friend suggested something in the regestry, anyone know how to find it?
btw, only reason i did delete it and not uninstallw as cuz the install had failed to begin with

great! it worked, it just still said could not delete but when i tried to reinstall it this time it worked!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom