I cannot buy Windows xp!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebx902004

Baseband Member
I been reading alot about Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 and i think it's pretty cool seeing how i have a dvd player, lots of movies, 5.1 surround sound, and alot of pictures on my computer. and i think it would be cool!

I wan't to know if i can just buy the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 OS not a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 PC
i have an 2000$ pc and i want that os why do i have to buy a pc with it????

1. Is there a reason you can't buy it sepraly...it won't work on regular pc's......????

2.Where can i buy it.....

i think....microsoft only allows Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 to be pre-installed on qualified/ complaint computers that have met there requirements. for example this OS comes with a matching remote control and must have the right audio hardware, be fast enough for multimedia applications, ect.

i think you would have to be authorized dealer or have approval on specific computers to install it. that said i know you can download that OS from the warez underground because someone in my household has a copy of the OS CD.....and it's not me. so basically for the average consumer, you cannot buy Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 operating system by itself

why doesn't Microsoft release it for sale and let the users figure it out? not everybody is dumb enough to install it on a PC that can't handle it....... ok there are some people that will, but hey

The Media Center Edition from what I see daily, is not a good operating system if you intend to, play games, or just have normal fun with it. Their is tons of progs running in the b/g and its pretty slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom