I am at my limit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil372

Solid State Member
I really hope someone has a clue here at a totaly lose what to do. I am getting 2 different blue stop screens with 0x00000050 as well as 0x00000051 I have been trying to reload my xp pro windows will not boot in any mode, I was starting off orginally trying to fix a missing or corrupted windows/system32/config/system file that the error was saying. Then computer started acting funny and freezing and very unstable and then I heard a clicking sound coming from my hard drive. thats when the thing died shortly thereafter.
the background of the hard drive is I bought it used after the orginal one died that was in my laptop and this one lasted oh a week, and now this. So do you think its the crappy hd again I bought and it wasnt good, or maybe something else i need to have a look at? I have another hard drive being sent along with some extra ram, but coming from Australia so may be a bit.
any help or ideas whats wrong will be greatly appreciated thanks alot.

the clanking from the hard drive can really only mean one thing. A slow painful death.

You will need to boot from another drive and slave that one off. Either using USB or direct connect. It's a laptop drive so unless you can find a way to plug it into another laptop in secondary mode, you will need to get a desktop adapter. connect it and try to get what you can off. Being that it's dying, it would take a bit of luck to get it working so you can boot to it.

Good luck

oh sure well here is one batch of codes the other I must have misplaced but can get those as well casue the errors are different for both ways from repair the file to a new install, but here is one batch. 0x00000050 (0xelld3000,ox000000,0xb07ca392,0x00000001
maybe that will help on that one.
Oh thanks ya all for the info, its lucky I dont really have that much data on it cept a game, which will be a pain as its a 353mb patch I have to reinstall. Its very frustrating this is as ya can imagine. oh and whats even worse i had a local tech shop to look at it before and the silly guy put the cooling fan upside down,LOL. I am lucky I caught it relatively fast or could have had major issues with the processor I'm sure. then I would have been outta luck in another way.

is that for WOW? if it is, you dont need to reinstall it, copy the whole wow folder to the cd and then copy it back to the new install, then make anew shortcut to the desktop, and thats it. Ive tried it for my brother and it does work.

Oh great yeah it is for wow as a matter of fact. but the problem will be I am not sure i am gonna be able to even get into windows to copy it and if its my hard drive i may not be able to recover anything. I am sure gonna try though.thanks again.

well what i would do is what for the new harddrive and then set it up as a slave. Have you tried a repair?

yeah I have tried repair and the blue stop screen pops up and restarts from the bios again. I have even tried a install but the same thing happens when it accesses the h/d it goes no farther. I just hope its nothing more than the hd thats bad on me. cause as i was saying there was a clicking type whining sound right as it was going beserk on me. and then windows wouldnt boot again.

oh btw and also when I tried everything at the screen where you can install and also repair windows wasnt recognized like it didnt have anything. I dont get it I am at a total impasse with it and can only hope the other h/d gets here fast before this desktop decides to crash and burn its an old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom