I accidentally installed win 7 as my main OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
lol typical when you have a file full of OS both linux, windows and linux alike I installed windows 7 as my main OS instead of vista which I meant to add so any problems I would greatly appreciate people telling me.....

I have got firefox and itunes playing nicely so far which is no surprise as I had them in my previous vm install just wanting a defininitive list of peoples BSODs so I can avoid them if at all possible

Actually I have a question for you. sorry for not answering your question. But how did you install windows 7. was it on XP or vista?

Oh ok the reason is because it tells me it cant open setup in xp or what ever. But I mounted windows 7. Im really sorry for hijacking.

You need to burn a disc go to bios then set the optical drive as first save the settings put the 7 disc in then restart it will ask you to press any key to load cd/dvd so just tap a key then your in setup. No prblem I am here to help feel free to hijack this thread I am look for some peoples bsods.

lol typical when you have a file full of OS both linux, windows and linux alike I installed windows 7 as my main OS instead of vista which I meant to add so any problems I would greatly appreciate people telling me.....

I have got firefox and itunes playing nicely so far which is no surprise as I had them in my previous vm install just wanting a defininitive list of peoples BSODs so I can avoid them if at all possible

A few annoyances only... like the Games folder on the programs menu lagging my pc like a *****, haven't managed a bsod yet :rolleyes:

Okay first Salty...is Vista a option to boot with? IS it listed to be able to boot to? If so this is a easy fix.

cichlidkeeper -

Windows 7 is not to be used to install from XP. It is the next step in the evolution of Widows. Just as you couldnt run the XP setup from Windows 95. You had to do it from 98 or Win2000.

You need at LEAST Vista to be able to run the executable.

Seriously though. The answers are provided for you in your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom