Hyper Threading?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
You can see my system in my sig bleow. I have Win2K, and my P4 has HT of course. Is HT not supported on Win2K? If so, how do I make it support it?

Hyperthreading is supported with 2k. All that hyperthreading does is make the OS think that it is running on dual processors, instead of the single processor that is installed.

This is the problem that I've run into with it, though. If you install 2k with hyperthreading turned off, then turn it on at some later point, winblows won't see the "second" processor. Same thing happened to me when I reinstalled windows with hyperthreading on, then turned it off. When I went to turn it back on, winblows only recognized one processor. I was told that there is supposed to be a way to enable dual processor support after the install is complete, but I haven't been able to find it.

here is the click, press ctrl+alt+del on ur Win2K, and see proiceses, if there are 2 graphs on ur CPU graph (side by side) means that you have HT enabled on ur mobo, and as well ur CPU is HT supportive.

as if there is only 1 graph, means either ur CPU isnt HT, or u have got HT disabled on ur Mobo BIOS.

else Win2K and XP both are HT enabled (that is for sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom