hppapm10.exe(hppapm10.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrussell

Beta member
I have a window that comes up several times a day on my computer that reads: "RTL / Unable to start driver for hppapm10.exe(hppapm10.exe)." I click the OK and the system continues to run fine. How do I stop this from reoccuring several times a day? I have Windows XP (Home Version).

Please forgive me for not being as computer literate as I would like to be, but how do I find out if the advanced power management is enabled? And if it is, is that OK? Or should I disable it?

In another forum, someone suggested the following solution: "having a look on my system it appears that this file provides the feedback for the director software, to stop it loading. to disable untick the enable feedback in the moniter devices tab (top check box) in the customise dialog boxes." Does this make sense? If it does, can anyone explain this to me in layman's terms?

Hi

Uninstall all your HP software (I presume its a printer or an 'all-in-one' device?) then re-install with the latest drivers from HP for your device.

NOTE. HP machines sometimes have odd setup routines, follow them to the letter and DO NOT use Xp's add new harware feature (pretty tricky anyway if the device is not connected, which is the norm for installing HP drivers).

Which HP is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom