HP Pavillion dv9500 VISTA DOWNGRADE HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNich

Solid State Member
Hey my name is Jay in case you haven't noticed. I was just wondering if I could possibly get somehelp with downgrading from windows Shitsta to XP.

I refuse to go back to Shitsta. lol

I probably did this wrong, which is why I keep getting blue screened when my computer tries to load the OS.

1.) I created a Slipstream for the Windows XP and the SATA drivers.
2.) I didnt check the Service pack option when creating it in nLite (This is where I messed up?)
3:) I rebooted with the CD in, when prompted I chose to Format drive (to completely rid it of Windows Shitsta, perhaps I messed up here as well?)
3.) I'm fairly well at understanding computers but all of this is new to me so it's a bit confusing.

Anyways, I was thinking if I just restored it and started over again.

If anyone has a complete walkthrough or something on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

So, please, and thank you everyone who is reading this and decides to help me.:D

You should not have to check teh SP option cause you didnt include a SP. (Service Pack)

You should format the drive.

So what is the blue screen you are getting? What is the error code? We need that to be able to help.

Well right now I am reformatting it. Its currently at 65% I will get back on and see if I can figure this out when I am back from my shower.

I think it was a bootmanager error

probably if you acted more normal or use "Vista" things might work better for you, lol

yes Vista is an upgrade...think like that and you will succeed. Of course maybe be clueless and blame MS and Vista...it's easier and more convenient that way.

probably if you acted more normal or use "Vista" things might work better for you, lol

LOL!

Anyways, I managed to open MSDOS and access the CD/DVD Drive on my lappy. I transferred the dv9500 drivers over to an iPod and onto my desktop. I am going to go to my friends house now and download SP2 and add that in.

The error was that there was no bootmanager.

I tried to open the bootcfg command in DOS but it returned with "ERROR: CANNOT FIND BOOT.INI FILE"

Any idea where I can find this? Perhaps I can just create one? If so, where should I create it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom