HP Mini 110 freezing at boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an extra battery lying around, so I just unhooked it and hooked it back in. And I'm sure it's goe enough juice left, I mean it's less than a month old :tongue:

Yeah, I'm returning it under warranty. Or rather he is, it's not my laptop.

When I restart, it will do the same thing: It will load past the boot screen within half a second and proceed into windows.

When I completely shut if off, however, it will go back to step one, where it takes five to seven minutes to go into the BIOS where I save and exit, restart, then load Windows.

I updated the BIOS today, but the problem is still happening (it was happening before updating the BIOS)
If it is working under a Reset
but a cold Restart it is not
Then it would seem to be a CMOS battery issue

It would be nice to hear the outcome of what was the fix
It is possible that it is a faulty hard Drive

The actual BIOS would be the problem if it were a CMOS problem, not a CMOS battery issue. CMOS battery is just used to save/retain settings to the BIOS. Go ahead and replace the batter in it; it wouldn't make a difference. If flashing the BIOS to a new version didn't work, then it would most likely be either a troublesome piece of other hardware, or something wrong with the mobo itself.

I'm 99% sure it's the motherboard. There seems to be nothing wrong with the hard drive, as it does boot flawlessly after the long hang at the HP logo screen. As far as I know, the other components are all working just fine, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom