HP laptop will not connect to the Internet

TypingKeyboard

Beta member
Our power went out a couple of days ago and after a a day of not using it got this problem. On my new HP laptop with Windows 10, the search feature and all browsers will not respond or load. Apps like my calculator and file explorer work fine. So I can't even run the commands I found online because I can't search to bring up the Run app. Restarts don't solve the problem not do Ethernet cords. The troubleshoot mentioned my proxy is not functioning well or something like that.

So you're talking about 2 distinct issues here but bundling them as one.
1) laptop won't connect to the internet
2) Search isn't working

For 1)
Right click your internet icon in the system tray by the clock. Click Network and Sharing Center. When that opens, in the bottom-left of the WIndow click Internet Options. Go to Connections tab -> LAN Settings -> make sure auto detect is checked, and the other 2 are unchecked

We'll start there - let me know if any of those options is different.

For 2)
Open file explorer and navigate to:
Code:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
Right-click the Indexed folder > Properties > Advanced > Check Allow files in this folder to have indexed in addition to file properties. Click Apply and Exit. (may have to uncheck, Apply / re-check it)

If that doesn't work, open PowerShell (press Windows key +R and type in "powershell" and press OK) and enter this command:
Code:
Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Back
Top Bottom