HP Customer Suppport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
So I have this major issue with my computer that you can read here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/new-laptop-random-crashes-145927/

and I called HP where I have my 1 year warranty and I cant talk to one intelligent person there..not one person doesnt have an accent and knows crap about computers.,.one lady told me that it is due to incuficient ram?? I have 1 gig and this occurs with low demanding games. Clearly I am not going to get much help from them but I ned my computer fixed and one person even told me that because it was a hardware problem I need to pay money..but wait I already
paid 200 for my warranty I dont have to pay and ITS A BRAND NEW LAPTOP THAT CAME WITH THESE PROBLEMS(sorry for the caps)and I cant return because I like it and it was the last one left and it was only a 15day return policy

well what do I do?

When you call, ask to speak to a supervisor. Keep being insistant until you get to somebody that can give you an answer or RMA info. You will most likely have to send it back unless they have an "authorized repair center" near you.

nope thats the thing it never gets too hot and when I play I check the task manager and it shows that its only using around 25% of my computer memory IF that..so I don't think it is an overheating issue ...

I think you need to call and talk to a supervisor, also try their site and see if you can return it through there. I would email the customer service, because its a lot easier when you can write an email and edit it to tell them the exact situation.

I never do over the phone with HP =P. I usually just e-mail them, or do the online chat thing to get help if I ever need it xD.

this is what HP said could this be it??

Sally: Hello Shane,
Sally: Welcome to HP Total Care for Presario Notebooks.

My name is Sally. How may I help you today?
Shane Mullikin: Hi there
Sally: Hi
Shane Mullikin: ok let me explain my issue
Shane Mullikin: its a brand new laptop right..
Sally: Ok.
Shane Mullikin: and when I play any game even low demanding games the screen freezes and makes a pattern with the colors..all sounds stop and you have to shut down the computer using the power switch
Shane Mullikin: this happens randomly when playing a game be it 5 mins in the game or 30
Sally: Oh! I see.
Sally: I am sorry to hear that...
Sally: Not to worry, I will do my best in this regard.
Shane Mullikin: yeah I have a 1 year warranty with you guys
Sally: When did you first notice this issue?
Sally: Yes, Shane.
Sally: All the Compaq notebooks ships with the 1-year standard warranty.
Shane Mullikin: within a week of purchase and I just thought it was an overheating issue and thought nothing of it
Shane Mullikin: but it keeps happening and it never gets hot
Sally: Thank you for the information.
Sally: What version of Windows is currently being used on the computer? (for example, Windows 2000, XP, Vista etc.)
Shane Mullikin: oh sorry it is a windows vista hoem premium but I disabled Aero glass
Shane Mullikin: with one gig of ram
Sally: Thank you.
Shane Mullikin: excuse my spelling
Sally: No problem..
Sally: Did you create the recovery discs from your notebook?
Shane Mullikin: no : (
Shane Mullikin: it didnt ask me to until after this happened
Sally: I see.
Sally: Shane, I have researched regarding the issue.
Shane Mullikin: ok thanks
Sally: The issue might be virus or spyware installed or any internal software or hardware malfunctions in the notebook.
Sally: Do you have any important data in the notebook?
Shane Mullikin: no not at all
Sally: Ok.
Sally: Shane, I will provide you the web link for instructions how to create the recovery discs from your notebook.
Sally: First create the recovery discs from your notebook.
Sally: And use the recovery discs and format the hard drive and reinstall the OS in your notebook.
Sally: This will resolve the issue.
Sally: This will set the system to factory settings.
Shane Mullikin: So it isn't a case of bad ram then
Sally: Yes. There might not any issue with the RAM.
Sally: If the issue persists even after you reinstall the OS then please get back to us and we will arrange the service for your notebook.
Shane Mullikin: so if i do this and still have these issues wil you be able to repair?
Shane Mullikin: oh ok
Sally: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Shane Mullikin: No Sally thank you for helping me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom