How to uninstall one from a dual operating windows - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation How to uninstall one from a dual operating windows

I have four partitions in my hard drive of 180 Gb.
C, D, E, F
On D partition I installed Windows 2000

On C drive I Installed windows Vista ultimate.

Now I want to uninstall Windows 2000. because I can not update window and can not install drivers.

Is there any solution to remove windows2000. My windows Vista works great with all of its update. I do not want to again format and reInstall.

Any suggestion is appriciated.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: How to uninstall one from a dual operating windows

right click the drive and format it

Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
right click the drive and format it
Well, that's what I thought, too. But will that mess up the Vista boot program? It wouldn't cause an error because it can't find an OS on the boot menu would it? I think it would probably be ok to just format the 2000 drive.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

No. It wont mess up the boot at all. When you try and select that OS it will give you a error but that is easily fixed with EasyBCD. Just install that and remove the OS from the Boot Selector and no more issue at all.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
No. It wont mess up the boot at all. When you try and select that OS it will give you a error but that is easily fixed with EasyBCD. Just install that and remove the OS from the Boot Selector and no more issue at all.
!. from which site I can download Easy BCD. or some one can upload this program.
2. Is this sure all registry and boot sector will be cleaned the win 2000

3. Here is one more question , when I installed Vista programs such as microsoft word etc, I created program folder in D drive ( where is my win 2000 ). If I move the program folder to E drive, then I can format the D drive. After formating I can move back the program folders to D drive. Is there could be a possible the program doesnt work properly? Just I want to make sure before I start formating D

Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Here is the link to EasyBCD

http://neosmart.net/downloads/softwa...%201.7.exe

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Thanks for the link.

I down loaded, this is a program. Should I install this in my Vista. and then see how does this work?
Any suggestion, cautions
Still my second question. Moving the programs to E and then back to D ( after formating D). Is this a good?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezy View Post
!. 3. Here is one more question , when I installed Vista programs such as microsoft word etc, I created program folder in D drive ( where is my win 2000 ). If I move the program folder to E drive, then I can format the D drive. After formating I can move back the program folders to D drive. Is there could be a possible the program doesnt work properly? Just I want to make sure before I start formating D

Thanks
If you installed the program under win 2000, you will probably have to reinstall it in Vista. The only programs that you wouldn't have to reinstall are ones that you just unzip to a directory. If the program had an installer, it will have to be reinstalled.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
If you installed the program under win 2000, you will probably have to reinstall it in Vista. The only programs that you wouldn't have to reinstall are ones that you just unzip to a directory. If the program had an installer, it will have to be reinstalled.
I am repeating , you misunderstood.

1. win 2000 and related its programs are in D drive. win 2000 programs are in a folder named programs file. I am deleting / formating whole win2000 and its programs. These are in drive D.

2. Window Vista is installed in drive C , but its programs such as microsoft word, excel etc are in a folder named Programs. That program folder is in drive D.
3. Now before I format drive D, I have to move folder Programs to E. and after format move back to D again. by doing so , it wont hurt the programs , that programs are under Vista.? this is a question.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

move your document folder there instead. you can actually do that

Closed Thread