how to uninstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I download a software from the net it doesn't uninstall from add/remove programs. I am running windows XP. Whenever i try to uninstall it says

'unable to find previous installation,files cannot be removed'

What is the last resort to uninstall. I am not good in regedit but when I went inside the regedit I can't see that software.

Any idea pls?

Try installing the program again if you know what it is and then unistall it...from the add/remove...if you tried unistalling some of the components before you did the add/remove it will sometimes do that.

well it all depends on how the program is installed.
There are several ways to find uninstall info, so to start you need to see what the Add remove programs uninstall looks like.
In the Registry, go to HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall and then find the name of the application. Might be called Display name under the GUID info as well.
Look for a sub key called uninstallstring. That will tell you how the program is trying to uninstall. IF you post that info, I might be able to give you more info from there.

Good Luck

heh, thats security and hacker program someone installed for you. Here's how to uninstall:

first, make a restore point.
2nd: stop the application pm.exe from running in task manager
(cntrl alt del and end its task
3rd: find these files (use windows explorer or something)
pm.exe ---->delete it
readme.txt ------->delete it (probably in same folder)
<<<ALL files may not be present>>>

HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD PORTAL!!!

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmapper.htm

Try to reinstall and THEN remove first.

Got to love the spyware/hacker software in the world. Easy installs without an uninstaller. Such a beautiful thing...

I would just suggest removing the files and not downloading or installing the app again. The uninstaller (PmapperU U for uninstall) is not really an uninstaller. Find the source of the files, most likly c:\program files\anolog x... and delete it all. Check the directories first for any .exes and write down the names. Then scan your whole registry for any of them. Every one that appears, you should delete. Should be suffiecent. Also, you can do a regsvr32 /u ...dll or OCX if you want for any dll's or OCX files you find there as well...
best of luck

I have to admit, any and all programs that I have written don't include an Uninstaller nor a list in Add/Remove Programs. It's time comsuming and I don't ever think that the user will ever want to uninstall it. If they remove my files and footprints in the registry, then all is good.

-Mike

thanks inaris, i just delete whole key and subkey after searching analogX in registry and I think it worked

First of all try to reinstall the program and uninstall it from there, use the add/remove feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom