How to transfer files over a wireless network in Windows XP Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Down

Solid State Member
I looked at this: How to configure file sharing in Windows XP

It doesn't work. The step to check the checkbox does not exist. Can anyone give me a step-by-step process?

I'm trying to transfer around 25GB of music from my computer to another one so that I can format. There's also some more stuff. It's kinda urgent - my computer is falling down around my ears.

kthx.

Do you have those two computer networked... On the computer that you are wanting to transfer media to, can you see the computer that you are wanting to do the work to? This information would be in my network places... If so, you are half way there... If you can see a shared folder for the computer that you are wanting to move those files to, you can just copy and paste ALL the media to that shared folder. And there you go! Transfered to a file that is shared on the network. All you have to do after fixing the one computer is set it up again with the network settings and cut and paste them again to the computer that you just reformated.

cbb readin the other post so if i remention sorry.lol but u need to create a network on both pcs withe the same workgroup on xp it will MSHOME and pro somethin else but PUT them the SAME for example HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom