How to transfer files over a wireless network in Windows XP Home? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation How to transfer files over a wireless network in Windows XP Home?

I looked at this: How to configure file sharing in Windows XP

It doesn't work. The step to check the checkbox does not exist. Can anyone give me a step-by-step process?

I'm trying to transfer around 25GB of music from my computer to another one so that I can format. There's also some more stuff. It's kinda urgent - my computer is falling down around my ears.

kthx.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to DerekGoodson
Default Re: How to transfer files over a wireless network in Windows XP Home?

Do you have those two computer networked... On the computer that you are wanting to transfer media to, can you see the computer that you are wanting to do the work to? This information would be in my network places... If so, you are half way there... If you can see a shared folder for the computer that you are wanting to move those files to, you can just copy and paste ALL the media to that shared folder. And there you go! Transfered to a file that is shared on the network. All you have to do after fixing the one computer is set it up again with the network settings and cut and paste them again to the computer that you just reformated.

Owner of Derek's Custom Computers
www.DereksCustomComputers.com
Old 05-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Maybe because its XP Home and not Pro >shrug<
Old 05-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

cbb readin the other post so if i remention sorry.lol but u need to create a network on both pcs withe the same workgroup on xp it will MSHOME and pro somethin else but PUT them the SAME for example HOME
Closed Thread