How to start from the beginning? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default How to start from the beginning?

I have had my computer for a year and a half, it's an HP windows XP. How would I be able to start it form the begining? I used to do that to my windows 98 pc, or at least the person on the phone used to tell how to do it. I want to restart my computer just like it was when I first started it a year and a half ago. A clean fresh start you might call it.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

You prob. have some restore disks that came with the hp. If so put the restore cd in the top cdrom drive and set the computer to boot to the cdrom before the hdd in the bios. It will prob. come up to screen that asks you what you want to do you will prob. want to do the format and reinstall option. (this will delete all data on the drive)

Old 06-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

If you don't see any restore disks, HP machines also have a restore partition. Look in your manual to see what keys to press before your PC starts up.
Closed Thread