How to set up outlook for email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I heard that you can keep your current email address, and view it in outlook format.

How do I do that?

Thx

What exactly do you mean, do you have an email address from your ISP or from somewhere like YaHoO! or MSN Hotmail? Need more details.

-Ryan

I have a yahoo account.

I'd rather be able to open up outlook to read & send emails because it is more organized than using yahoo is.

I just noticed you can't use outlook for yahoo accounts unless you pay for the email account.

there are some free POP email providers like bluebottle.com but using that seems like a pain because imagine you apply for a job somewhere and they email you, you block them because they are not on your allowed list and they have to be verified, I figure I will delete the spam just give me POP free email address.

Oh well, I guess I'll just use regular yahoo.

Unfortunately, you have to have a paid premium account with Yahoo in order to use pop forwarding with Outlook. It was a free service until a year or so ago. Most any other pop accounts should work fine including your ISP's. It's simply a matter of entering the correct server and account settings. Check with other pop accounts such as MSN, Lycos, Hotmail, your ISP etc, all of them have some sort of tutorial explaining how to use pop forwarding with Outlook or other mail clients.

edit - Well it seems you were 2 minutes faster then me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom