How to Save a File to the Same Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark The Spark

Beta member
Dear Community,

The other day I was scanning some physics handouts for one of my classmates and I wanted to save the scans to a file folder named PHY 1053C. Naturally, the .jpg extension opened up the "My Pictures" file folder every time I wanted to save a scan and I had to navigate to the other file folder. Is there a way I can make my scans automatically go to the PHY 1053C file folder every time?

Regards,

Mark

Which OS are you using?

Along with that are you using a specific program to do the scanning? Like software that was included with your printer/scanner? Is there an option within the program to set the save locations?

I'm using Windows XP. The printer/scanner/fax is a Dell 964. There is no option within the program to set the save location.

Since there is no way to set the save location what i would do is create a folder within your My Pictures folder where you can just click that folder and save the pictures there. After that you can cut and paste them where you want them.

Yes it is a round about way to do it. But the reason i suggest this is simple. To do what you want would require a Registry edit. At that point ALL files would be saved there, if they were scanned or downloaded. Which would cause you more headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom