How to run XP mode in windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Okay, I have windows 7 pro 64 bit installed. I have both things needed to run xp mode installed. BUT whenever I try to launch it, it says the virtualization is either off ( even though it's on ) or that I might have to turn Trusted Execution Technology off in the BIOS but I've never seen an option for that :|

So what's the deal here? Is there something I'm looking over or what?

yes it does...ran the windows test thing

and I have virtualization turned on in the bios...but it still says it's not on :\

When you turn it on, that is if you manually turned it on, you need to shut down the computer, then power it back up. I'm not 100% sure if this is for all systems but a simple restart after I turned it on still resulted in the same error mesage. Once it was powered down and then back up, I was good to go.:thumbsup:

It wouldnt hurt. My Dell system was on by default and it worked, but my IBM laptop wasnt, had to do it manually, turn off, turn on then it worked

Tried it, still doesn't work...this is what it says :

2q2qtxs.png

nope :( looked all for it or anything that could be related to it or virtualization :\

my bios version is the first revision ( like 3-5 have come out after )....do you think flashing to a newer bios would help?

EDIT: I found someone else had the same trouble with a gigabyte x58 board (not ud5, i think it was ud3r maybe) and flashing helped :\ so I'm gonna do that i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom