How to remove installed updates in windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open the Microsoft Update Window. From there on the left side you will see view update history. Click that. From there you want to select the Installed Updates link at the top. That will allow you to remove Windows Updates.

But you should check for updated driver software. As the updates are there for a reason.

Thanks dude. I have uninstalled the updates. Now my question is, will the updates that I uninstalled come again to ask me install? WHat can I do?

Pretty sure if you have auto updates enabled you'll end up with them again.More experienced with xp though mate, Sure a Vista user will fill you in for sure soon enough. Surely like XP, IF ITS A REAL PAIN OF an update that your system doesn't like, you can dissable atoupdates, Do manual,custom update,select the problem one and tick "dont show me this update again". I have forced a manual update in the past and it was more trouble than it was worth. Hope this helps a bit.

Yes the updates will ask to install again. Unless you open the Windows Update and hide them. If they can be hidden. If they can not be hidden that is because they are recommended updates and should be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom