how to reboot a computer after reflormatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a win 98 boot floppy in your a: If you are it should give you the option to boot with cd rom support or without cd rom support or command prompt.Is it even reading your A: floppy.
you say you punched the esc key ant went to a boot screen.If in fact you were in the bios setup you wouldnt just hilight the cd rom and and punch enter.You would have to go th boot options then change the boot divices around then use the option to save and exit.Good luckDo you have a good windows 98 startup floppy disk like Stan said has he sent you one yet.Let me know Ill try to help.

Re: what to d or how to do it?

goldwind said:
ok, i did what u said about going into the bois, i punched the esc key repeatedly and so then it brought up the boot screen in which u are talking about and u highlighted the cd rom and punched enter,,, and then it went right back to where it was before and said that there was an error and to replace disk and try again..and then press any key to go ahead,, well, i did that and so nothign happened, just kept repeating its self on the screen, right down the screen.. and that is all i get out of it.. nothin else or i am still doing something wrong or what i do not know....

I don't think this is a bios issue and can do more harm than good.
You have closed all forms of private message and email.
You have a bum system disk.I'ts a small email attachment.
Best i can do,good luck.

help

i did what stan said and put that file he sent me on a floppy and it still will not let me in.. so what do i do now to get in to it? all i get is a non system error and replace disk and press any key. and that is it..

stan:
we're talking about the boot order, and getting it to boot from CD, we're not telling him to change voltage settings or overclock or anything!
the PC not reading a boot disk on boot is definately a BIOS issue

goldwind:
if you get a 'non system disk' error it means the floppy is not bootable, and the file stan sent you will not work.
your best bet is to do a reinstall, with your OS CD, all you need is for it to start from the CD in the first place.
the first thing to do to make sure it will boot from CD is to check the boot order, like weve been telling you above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom