How much will Microsoft charge me for genuine vista key ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
No I am not looking for torrents or any warez at all.
Microsoft sent me a trial of windows vista home premium last year and the demo will only last for 30 days and will shut off.
I called Microsoft to find out about their pricing for one single key for vista home, but they said it would be the full price of almost buying vista ultimate....

Tomorrow afternoon I will be getting paid and I would at least like to get vista at a good price but not spend the kind of money microsoft wants for it not only that but I have to atleast give my mother half of my check due to the way the economy is going right about now....

Last I would at least like to move on from XP pro, it was great OS but it won't be around forever.

I'm just trying to go legit and buy vista and won't have to worry police bang on my door for an arrest for illegal Microsft stuff...

It's happen in my area of georgia before at least 3 to 4 times.

Home Premium Retail is like $225 at NewEgg. So they will charge you roughly that much.

I strongly suggest you hold off on Vista and wait for Windows 7

but if you really want Vista, grab the upgrade version, which is about 125 ish

Computer stores are not suppose to do this, but you could look at getting an OEM copy.

The only problem is that OEM 32 and 64 bit products are 2 different CDs. Where as the retail version will give you the choice between installing 32-bit or 64-bit.

What is the need for a new OS at the moment?

Maybe you should back up your files and use the Windows 7 beta, after go back to XP for a few months and if you liked 7 just wait for it :p

No I am not looking for torrents or any warez at all.
Microsoft sent me a trial of windows vista home premium last year and the demo will only last for 30 days and will shut off.
I called Microsoft to find out about their pricing for one single key for vista home, but they said it would be the full price of almost buying vista ultimate....

Tomorrow afternoon I will be getting paid and I would at least like to get vista at a good price but not spend the kind of money microsoft wants for it not only that but I have to atleast give my mother half of my check due to the way the economy is going right about now....

Last I would at least like to move on from XP pro, it was great OS but it won't be around forever.

I'm just trying to go legit and buy vista and won't have to worry police bang on my door for an arrest for illegal Microsft stuff...

It's happen in my area of georgia before at least 3 to 4 times.

Well if you do go with Vista I would try and get an OEM because it is way cheaper than buying it retail. If thats the choice also make sure to get the correct DVD 32 or 64bit.

But as Fat Clown said.. you could just hold off and use Win 7 Beta's until Win 7 is RTM.

If he doesn't have Win7 then theres no point telling him to get it. You can't download from Microsoft anymore, and torrents are a waste of time :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom