How much space to give windows xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, 120GB is overkill? It's not like that your only putting the OS in there but games as well. So instead of having installed games on a different partition, you can put it with the OS and its better that way.

do what you want man

there is no difference with games on another partition. it's still searching 1 physical drive.

O/S goes bad, you don't have to worry about anything else except re-installation.

I use to put xp at 20 gigs but with office, nero, adobe and dragon naturally speaking taking over 1 gig of space each and me using the c drive to download torrents there before they are automatically move to my media storage partition (to catch a possible virus), I now set my xp drive to 40 gigs

We set up tri-boot at school with different operating systems to test things out. Our settings are always XP Pro FAT32 - 10gb, XP Pro NTFS - 10gb, Server 2003 - 15gb.

We've never had any issues. Not even after installing gobbles amount of forensic data recovery software, security software, packet sniffers, password crackers, etc. I even have a decent amount of music on each partition and it runs fine. Though I don't recommend partitions that small for ACTUAL computer use, whereas I use these partitions for school and testing projects, but I figured I'd chime in as a user with my .02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom