How to move windows 10 partition from HDD to SSD?

Tech fan

Solid State Member
I'm getting a new laptop in the next few days, the licensed windows is installed on the hard disk, and I will add an NVMe SSD to speed things up. The problem is, I don't want to lose the windows 10 license while moving from hdd to ssd, so please tell me how to do so.

I'm getting a new laptop in the next few days, the licensed windows is installed on the hard disk, and I will add an NVMe SSD to speed things up. The problem is, I don't want to lose the windows 10 license while moving from hdd to ssd, so please tell me how to do so.
If there is genuine activation or is activated with digital license, You will not lost activation any way.
Very warm recommendation - do not clone any partition or drive, only copy Your data from old disk to new. Windows and all apps must be instal and never copy. Remember this recommendations even if "very smart" people recommends to clone.

Well, the windows has a license because it is installed by the OEM (hp), it is activated. What is the safest way to move windows to the ssd? (without losing license)

I usually just use Acronis and clone it over to the new drive. I've done so several times and do it quite frequently on my job.

Back
Top Bottom