how many times can you install an OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthongy817

Baseband Member
i have always wondered how many times are you allowed to install a OS using the same cd-key before it stops working?

i bought a xp home a couple of years ago and was only able to use it 3 times before it said the usage was up. I'm thinking about purchasing a xp pro sp2 but i always format my computer a lot.

you're allowed to install it as many times as you want, the fact that if you're following the law or EULA or not is a different story...wait for tyler 1989 to reply and he'll tell u the real deal.

IBMan said:
you're allowed to install it as many times as you want, the fact that if you're following the law or EULA or not is a different story...wait for tyler 1989 to reply and he'll tell u the real deal.

he will tell you the wrong deal. you can use it as many times as you want you just have to call after you use it 3 times. if you don't want to keep going through that use a 3rd party tool like drive image pro or ghost 9.

you use to be able to copy the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak from the system 32 folder and copy them back after install, but that doesn't work too good these days.

Ive only copied the files once just to say i did it and it worked but you gotta use the same machine.

EricB said:
he will tell you the wrong deal. you can use it as many times as you want you just have to call after you use it 3 times. if you don't want to keep going through that use a 3rd party tool like drive image pro or ghost 9.

you use to be able to copy the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak from the system 32 folder and copy them back after install, but that doesn't work too good these days.

i was bein semi-sarcastic btw:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom