How many times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
I've researched all over the internet and cant find a definite answer anywhere about how many times you can install Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade(retail). One of my friends says it can be running on 3 computers at once, keeps saying its like how XP could run on 10 at once or something. So how many computers can you install vista on and run at the same time?

Yes , right if im correct you can use the same copy of vista unlimited ammount of times on your PC but only can be installed 10 times !!!!!on diferent machine and then its unlimited installs on that machine !!!

Vista can be installed on 1 machine as many times as you want. But overall it can only be installed 3 times. Not 10. The 10 times was only for XP. they have limited it to 3 times now for Vista. So if you try to run it on 4 different machines the serial will become blacklisted and not activate anymore without a phone call to M$.

Vista can be installed on 1 machine as many times as you want. But overall it can only be installed 3 times. Not 10. The 10 times was only for XP. they have limited it to 3 times now for Vista. So if you try to run it on 4 different machines the serial will become blacklisted and not activate anymore without a phone call to M$.

So I can install my one vista cd on my kid's computer too?

No. You can only have it installed on one computer per license. You can install it on your kid's computer, but then it will be your kid's computer that is activated and not yours. You can try it, but eventually when service packs come out, etc., they're going to find out, and you may not be able to use one of your computers. You have to purchase a separate license with it's own authorization number for each computer you install on.

So I can install my one vista cd on my kid's computer too?
From what i hear yes. It will not de-activate your PC if you install it on your kids PC. That is from what i hear i have not tested it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom