How to make Windows 7 boot disc from Digital Download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
I downloaded a digital version of Windows 7 Professional about a year ago and now I want to repartition my drivers the hard way without any software involved so I need to make an installation disc. However when I asked my uncle he said I needed to copy the ISO files but if i remember correctly, the internet said it didn't have any ISO files.

So basically can anyone give me simple directions on how to make a Windows 7 Installation Disc so I can reinstall the operating sytem? Thank You.

The file should have been in ISO form. If it wasnt there is no way to make it bootable without specific files from a bootable Win7 disk. If you do have the ISO do not extract it. Just burn the ISO directly.

I found the BIN file you mentioned. It's under My Computer>D>Windows>Boot>DVD>PCAT>en-US.

Is that the file i need to burn to make a boot disc?

What file format is your digital download in?

Like the other 2 have stated, if its an ISO file, just burn the ISO onto the disc (can use ImgBurn or the built-in Windows ISO burning functionality).

That is not the BIN file for the digital download. That is a file for the boot of your system. That is not going to be the whole Win7 DVD.

When you download the digital copy (if it's the same as through MSDN) you use a downloader program which downloads the .iso file to C:/Temp or something like that. After it is complete go find the .iso file and also download ImgBurn (there are plenty of tools to burn ISO files to CD's but ImgBurn is one of the best and it's free). Put in a blank CD and load up the ISO with ImgBurn, let it run and you should have a bootable Windows 7 disc that you can use to repartition and install a new copy with. Make sure you write down or print off your CD key if you are using a downloaded copy so you can enter it when it asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom