how to make webcam record in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
im finding things missing from my room everyday. it finally occurred to me to set up a web camera to record what's happening. thing is i dont want it to be obvious my room is being recorded else the program might just be shut off. is there some way to have the webcam recording everything but in the background so that its not obvious? i hope this wouldnt take up too much space. i just need to do so for a day or two but i need to see what's happening every few seconds. taking a picture every 5 seconds may or may not work. every 2 seconds should be fine.

alternatively i could just leave it on and somehow lock my computer so no one can use it for that day. is that possible? i would need the program to remain on tho. either way i would need this file to automatically save, not just record but wait for me to press the save button. if the computer gets shut off in b/w i dont want to lose the saved files.

ps - i realize 'webcam' can have all sorts of dirty interpretations but this is completely kosher :) i just need to see who's always taking things from my room.

pps - i dont know what kind of webcam i have, i hope that's not relevant. ive already bought it but its not at my house right now so i dont know the make / model etc.

I am sure that a search for things such as Webcam Security Software will allow you to do many different things. There are plenty of programs out there, if i am not mistaken WebcamXP can do it. Just have to find the one that is right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom