How to make a partition. URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazlunatic

In Runtime
**Already tried the search function

Alright, I now have 2.4 GB of files which includes my antivirus program, all my important drivers for my VGA card, sound card, web browser.

My C drive has a capacity of something around 74 GB. However, I want my C Drive to have 4.5 GB of capacity with my copy of XP in it, and make a new partition with all my files, games, and music so it won't disrupt the system.

How do I make this new partition?

If you are going to recommend me to use a partition program like Partition Magic, please tell me a version that works. Unlike Partition Manager which says demo version, and doesn't actually let you make a partition.

Thank you very much. This is URGENT!! I have to do my homework ^_^

Alright. So you're saying the only thing I can do right now is reinstall windows in a 4.5 GB partition instead.

So I cannot do it unless I reinstall windows?>

Oh thanks =D

But I don't want to use any FAT. I want to use NFTS.

Btw most of the info is for Windows 98, can you help me a bit on finding info on XP?

you don't have to waste your time with that slow fdisk. you can use your xp cd to create and delete partitions. you will have to reinstall xp though.

you have to either reinstall windows or buy partition magic or another partioning tool.

why do people always insist of using win 98 toosl for xp? you don't need them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom