How to make a CD installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mak, he's obviously talking about making a cd which, when inserted, will autorun/behave like a normal cd.

In which case kopenhagen, you'll need an ISO burner (if the extension is .iso) and a dvd/cd burner. Just insert a blank cd/dvd run the ISO burner program, tell it what you want to burn onto the disk, and it'll burn the files on, making a cd/dvd which anyone can install.

If the extension isn't an iso, just get a burner which burns whatever extension it is. Usually it'll be an .iso extension though.

Yes but that does not means the CD will have Autorun capability. Doing that needs programming experience.

Mak, I thought autoplay something the os has control over? I know I disabled any autoruns on my pc, so nothing will autorun. I've just never had to program any disc in my experience before it'd autorun. Something obvious I'm missing?

Well Autorun will happen. IF you insert jsut a picutre CD or soemthin you will get the pop up.

"What do you want to do with this media"

Then you get your selection. But from the sounds of it he wants it to go right to a installer.

all I want to do is to create a CD so that anybody can install it

Now to go right to a installer. That would require porgramming. Like if you insert a game and get the pop up menu with the options

Install
View Read Me
Go to website

That is a totally different type of autorun that requires programming. The simple one to jsut get a folder up and then select a installer is not somethin you need programming for. That is what i am trying to find out. IF he wants something complicated like he says, or something simple that he can just burn a CD with.

go to folder option and uncheck hide file extensions. it looks like you unrar the .iso. winrar can extract an iso files. that why whenever I install winrar, I uncheck the iso extension for file association

Please read some of my other posts. You will need programming skills to do this. Post #14 explains it best.

Yes but that does not means the CD will have Autorun capability. Doing that needs programming experience.
so why some CD, when you put in the CD rom, it says "do you want to install it?"
just click on icon to install it, it that I want to achieve

Because they are programmed with a autorun that gives you that option. Ever put a CD in to your system and all you get in a simple windows?

I know what you want to achieve. But i am trying to tell you that without some programming knowledge you will only get this type of window:

2cc181e4bab38f6e457cab748bed76510072259205_Article93-367x455.jpg

Where it will ask you what you want to do. Without the Autorun file on there you will not get the screen that prompts you to install it. That autorun file is specifically programmed for each disc. So that it can include graphics and music or to just show a image. Anyway you do it, it requires programming. If not you will jsut burn it to disc and get the Selection Menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom