How long will Windows 8.1 Preview be good for before shutting down?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Just curious, How long will Windows 8.1 Preview be good for before shutting down?

Example, Windows 8 preview had a lifespan and shut down immediately after the final release of Windows 8.

Soar

Bring up the run command. Type in winver. That will tell you.

It will only be good for roughly a year. I dont know the exact time as I dont have it installed either.

No Win8 didnt expire when it was released. It expired in Jan, a few months after it was released.

It will only be good for roughly a year. I dont know the exact time as I dont have it installed either.

No Win8 didnt expire when it was released. It expired in Jan, a few months after it was released.

Oh, ok, thanks Ksod!

May I ask, why have you not tried 8.1? Chicken [cluck, cluck, cluck] or loss of faith in Microsoft, don't have time, don't wanna waste your time, or a different reason?

Dude, if you won't give it a shot, then I do not think I should give it a shot [you are light years ahead of me in knowledge of Windows].

:)

Not chicken. I have a life. Buying my first home, taking care of my kid off from school and working is far more important to me than installing Windows 8.1 to get the Start Button back that I dont miss to begin with.

I highly doubt I am going to sit here and take my time to format my system, install 8.1 and test it out when it isnt anything I want or need. I am fine with Win8 as is and will gladly stay this way till 8.1 goes final.

The expiration date of the ISO is January 15, 2014 as determined by running WinVer on a system with Windows 8.1 Preview installed from the ISO. Remember that the Windows 8.1 Preview is only recommended for users who feel comfortable backing up your system, formatting your drive, and installing the operating system from scratch. This warning is listed in the Windows 8.1 Preview FAQ.

Also remember that the enhancements coming in Windows 8.1 are more than just a Start Button. There is a list of enhancements provided located here on the Springboard Series on TechNet and more information can be found in the Windows 8.1 FAQ for IT Professionals.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
The Springboard Series on TechNet

Back
Top Bottom