how to know my OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
i have windows media center but want to know what edition i have, how can i ceck this in windows to know for sure
also, if i have 04 is it free to upgrade to 05?

drumerdudeman said:
i have windows media center but want to know what edition i have, how can i ceck this in windows to know for sure
also, if i have 04 is it free to upgrade to 05?

if you have the nvtv tuner you have 2005. 2005 was made to work with custom build computers

my MCE 2005 is build2600.xpxp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 (service pack 2)

thanks a bunch

now im wondering d, do all versions of 05 have the dvd burning from windows movie maker. or what is the deal, im looking for a good way to burn my movies to dvds i can play, you know not just as a wma file. any help is appreciated

drumerdudeman said:
thanks a bunch

now im wondering d, do all versions of 05 have the dvd burning from windows movie maker. or what is the deal, im looking for a good way to burn my movies to dvds i can play, you know not just as a wma file. any help is appreciated

ah... the lie they told. Mce 2005 was suppose to burn dvds. it do. data dvds. they are not use to us. we want dvd video that play in the dvd

those files are not wma. they are dvr-ms files. I spent weeks trying to convert them to mpeg without losing quality. then I researched them. they are nothing but mpeg file with more information in them. most dvd authoring programs will recognize them. all of mine do. imagine how stupid I felt when I figured that out. I didn't need to convert them at all

i just looked and i do have a burn dvd video files option on the main page. can it convert thewma or what ever type file that is from windows movie maker to a playble dvd

also i did run-winver and my version number came up as
version 5.5 (build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519:service pack 2)

which was different ten the one posted up there

if you said the nvtv will only run on 05, i havent been able to get tat to work yet, atleast im not for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom