How to install XP on preinstalled Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badboyzz77

Baseband Member
How come I can't install windows XP on a laptop I just bought, this laptop has 2 hard drives in Raid 0. When I rebooted the laptop with a XP disc inside, then it would say it's not detecting any Hard drives to install the XP on it. And I still can't install windows XP after logging in.
There are some games that I want to play which will not work on vista, that's why I need to install windows XP for now, and can recover to vista with the recovery discs later on.

That is because your XP disc is older and doent have the drivers needed to see the RAID drives. You need them to be slipstreamed into the XP disc in order to be able to install XP.

XP doesnt come with preinstalled raid drivers. Basically you have to look up the raid drivers that your machine uses and make a driver disk. When xp first starts installing it will prompt you for third party raid/scsi drivers. The other option is to go into the bios and turn off raid and just install xp to a single hard drive.

You have to use CPUz to find the mother board. From there you use google to find the appropiate RAID Drivers. FRom there google for nlite. Use nlite to slipstream teh RAID drivers into your isntall.

Eliminates all teh F^ stuff and gives you a updated XP install Disc.

I can't change anything when going into the BIOS, it won't allow you to disable raid 0.
My laptop it's an HP Pavilion dv9540us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom